Terms of Service and Complaint Guidelines
Ticketmaster Česká republika, a.s.
1. These Terms of Service and Complaint Guidelines (Terms of Service) apply to all purchases of tickets for entertainment, social, sports, and other events (Events) made through the sales network of Ticketmaster Česká republika, a.s. Our sales network means points of sale connected online (our own points of sale and points of sale of our contractual partners) and the online sale system on our website at www.ticketmaster.cz. A ticket purchase made under an aggregate order placed through our Sales Department is considered a purchase made through our sales network. By making a ticket purchase in any form, you consent to and agree to comply with these Terms of Service.
2. Any reference to our company refers to Ticketmaster Česká republika, a.s., a company registered under Reg. No. B 2249 in the Commercial Register maintained by the Prague Municipal Court, Identification No. 60192577, VAT No. CZ60192577, with registered office at Jungmannova 26/15, 110 00 Prague 1 – Nové Město.
For additional contact information, click here.
3. Our company is not the organizer of individual Events for which tickets are sold. We handle the sale and distribution of tickets for specific Events in the name and on the account of the Event organizer based on an agency contract with the organizer. By purchasing a ticket for an Event, you, the customer purchasing the ticket, enter into a direct legal agreement with the organizer of the Event that sells the ticket. All your claims relating to a purchased ticket, as well as your right to attend an Event for which you purchased the ticket, must be exercised vis-à-vis the Event organizer, as opposed to our company.
4. Our company therefore bears no liability for the organization of any Event, the cancellation or any change of an Event, including a change of time and venue, the progress of an Event, any incident liable to occur at an Event, and any other occurrence whatsoever that might take place at an Event. We bear no liability for any damage or loss that might be incurred by you or any third party in connection with an Event, including, without limitation, any expenses you might incur in connection with an Event or its organization, cancellation, or change. Any and all claims must be raised with the organizer of the relevant Event.
5. While attending a particular Event, you must observe rules laid down by the Event organizer. Furthermore, you must comply with the operation and visitor rules of the venue where an Event is held.
6. The organizer of any Event has the right to change the program, time, and venue of the Event. By purchasing a ticket, you, the customer, acknowledge the organizer's aforestated right.
7. Our company is in no way liable for the validity and authenticity of tickets purchased outside our sales network. Keep purchased tickets in any form (standard paper tickets, E-Tickets, and M-Tickets) in a safe place at all times, and refrain from showing them or putting them on display. If you disclose your ticket, your risk that the barcode and number of your ticket will be misused, as a result of which you might not be allowed entry to the Event. In particular, you should refrain from posting photographs of tickets on social networks, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and others. In addition, we strongly recommend that you do not purchase second-hand tickets if you want to avoid the unpleasant surprise of not being admitted to an Event.
8. When you buy tickets online, our website will guide you in a simple and understandable manner through the entire process, including payment for the price of tickets and other fees that you will be charged in addition to the price of ordered tickets. If you want to buy tickets at a point of sale in our sales network, all necessary information will be provided to you by our representative who will process your order.
9. Tickets are sold in our sales network (i) in standard paper form, (ii) in electronic form, where they are sent to buyers by e-mail, or buyers are allowed to download and/or print out these tickets from the Internet (E-ticket), or (iii) in electronic form, where they are sent to buyers through their mobile telephone (M-ticket).
10. The prices of tickets sold through our sales network are posted on our company's website at www.ticketmaster.cz, or you will be informed of the price when you purchase a ticket at a point of sale in our sales network.
11. In addition to the price of tickets, which will be forwarded to the Event organizer and which you pay through our sales network inclusive of value added tax where applicable in accordance with the law (Admission Fee), you might be charged other fees by our company for using our sales network to purchase tickets. The charges include the Service Fee and the Transaction Fee. You will be informed of the amount of fees during every individual purchase, either in the ordering window that will open when you buy tickets through our website, or you will receive information at a point of sale from our representative who is processing your order. Your total payment will include the Admission Fee, which is the price of the ordered ticket that will be forwarded to the Event organizer, as well as the Service Fee and the Transaction Fee, which you will pay to our company, provided that these fees apply. If you request the delivery of tickets purchased online to an address of your choice, our company will also charge you a Delivery Fee for delivering your tickets. The Delivery Fee will be paid to our company, and you will be informed of the amount in advance in the applicable ordering window before making each individual purchase.
12. No tickets are sold on a cash-on-delivery basis.
13. Due to the reasons laid down in Section 1837, Paragraph j) of the Civil Code, a ticket purchase may not be cancelled using the procedure laid down in Section 1829 of the Civil Code (discretionary cancellation within 14 days after purchase, which generally applies to online purchases, does not apply) because a ticket purchase constitutes a leisure agreement, where supply (purchase of a ticket to attend an Event) is provided at a predetermined time. In this case, the law does not allow buyers to cancel a ticket purchase in the above manner.
14. All claims and complaints concerning tickets purchased through our sales network are subject to these Terms of Service.
15. As specified above, our company is not the organizer of any Event. It means that any and all of your claims relating to a purchased ticket are fully subject to the provisions laid down in Sections 3 and 6.
16. No refund will be issued for a paid Admission Fee and any other sums you pay in connection with a ticket purchase through our sales network, unless expressly otherwise specified below.
17. A purchased ticket cannot be exchanged. No replacement will be issued and no compensation will be paid to you for a damaged, destroyed, lost, or stolen ticket.
18. If you chose to have purchased tickets delivered by mail to an address in the Czech Republic or elsewhere in Europe and you do not receive your tickets, inform our company, and we will immediately file a claim with the applicable provider of postal services. Claim processing takes the maximum of 30 and 60 days for deliveries to an address in and outside the Czech Republic, respectively. If the provider of postal services determines that the tickets have been lost due to a reason other than your fault, you will be informed of the outcome of the processing of the claim, and we will issue you a refund for the Admission Fee paid for the non-delivered tickets as well as the Service Fee, Transaction Fee, and Delivery Fee you paid (Section 11 of the Terms of Service).
19. If the Event organizer cancels an Event, you will be informed of the cancellation of the Event using the contact data you provided during the purchase of tickets (e-mail in particular). Nonetheless, we bear no liability whatsoever if the relevant contacts cannot be used to contact you in time, or if an Event cancellation notice sent to you in a timely manner is delivered late.
20. Because we are only an agent acting in the name and on the account of the Event organizer, we will refund the Admission Fee for any Event cancelled by its organizer, using the method described below, only up to the amount of funds provided to us for refund purposes by the organizer. The organizer of the cancelled Event is fully liable for any part of your claim that is not thus satisfied.
21. If the organizer cancels an Event for which you have already ordered and paid for a ticket through our sales network, but you have not collected the ticket or the ticket has not been sent to you, a refund of the Admission Fee will be credited to your payment card, which you used to pay for the ticket, or to the account from which our company received your payment for the ticket, unless the provisions of Section 20 of the Terms of Service apply. You will also receive a refund for the Service Fee and Delivery Fee.
22. If an Event for which you have ordered a ticket through our sales network, and paid for and collected the ticket, is cancelled, the procedure for refunding the Admission Fee is as follows:
- If the ticket was purchased at a specific point of sale in our sales network, you will receive a refund for the Admission Fee, unless the provisions of Section 20 of the Terms of Service apply, upon presenting the ticket, without unnecessary delay, at the point of sale where you bought the ticket. Because our company is only an agent acting in the name and on the account of the organizer of the cancelled Event, the organizer may specify another place where a refund for the Admission Fee will be issued by the organizer. If the point of sale where you bought your tickets no longer exists or is closed, you can return the tickets at our outlet in Pasáž Rokoko at Václavské náměstí 38, 110 00 Prague 1 or mail the tickets to Ticketmaster Česká republika, a.s., Jungmannova 26/15, 110 00 Prague 1 – Nové Město. No refund will be given for postal charges and the cost of packaging.
- If no such place is specified by the organizer for the purposes of issuing a refund for the Admission Fee, you can send your ticket for a cancelled Event directly to our company at Ticketmaster Česká republika, a.s., Jungmannova 26/15, 110 00 Prague 1 – Nové Město. As long as your ticket for a cancelled Event is delivered to this address without unnecessary delay, you will receive a refund for the Admission Fee by a bank transfer to an account you specify in writing for this purpose, unless the provisions of Section 20 of the Terms of Service apply.
- If you purchased a ticket for a cancelled Event through our website, send the ticket without unnecessary delay to our company's address specified in the above paragraph or deliver it to our point of sale in Pasáž Rokoko at Václavské náměstí 38, 110 00 Prague 1. You will receive a refund for the Admission Fee by a bank transfer to an account you specify in writing for this purpose, unless the provisions of Section 20 of the Terms of Service apply.
- If you bought a ticket for a cancelled Event through our website in the E-ticket or M-ticket format, send us your claim by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular mail at Ticketmaster Česká republika, a.s., Jungmannova 26/15, 110 00 Prague 1 – Nové Město. Unless the provisions of Section 20 of the Terms of Service apply, a refund for the Admission Fee will be credited to your payment card, which you used to pay for the ticket, or to the account from which our company received your payment for the ticket.
- A ticket for a cancelled Event that has been purchased under an aggregate order placed through our Sales Department must be sent to our company without unnecessary delay at Ticketmaster Česká republika, a.s., Jungmannova 26/15, 110 00 Prague 1 – Nové Město or delivered to our point of sale in Pasáž Rokoko at Václavské náměstí 38, 110 00 Prague 1. In this case, a refund for the Admission Fee will only be issued to the person who paid for the ticket purchased as part of an aggregate order, unless the provisions of Section 20 of the Terms of Service apply. A claim for a ticket for a cancelled Event purchased as part of an aggregate order through our Sales Department made at a point of sale other than Pasáž Rokoko will be forwarded to our Sales Department. The claim will be processed within three business days after its receipt. In this case, a refund for the Admission Fee will only be issued to the person who paid for the ticket purchased as part of an aggregate order, unless the provisions of Section 19 of the Terms of Service apply.
23. If you receive a refund for the Admission Fee in accordance with Sections 21 and 22, we will also refund the Service Fee and Transaction Fee. If Section 22 applies, the Delivery Fee will not be refunded.
24. All other claims concerning an Event cancelled by the organizer will be forwarded directly to the organizer for processing. The processing of or providing information on such claims by the organizer is subject to the provisions of Articles 3 to 6. You will be informed of the outcome of your claim within 30 days. We will provide you with contact information for the organizer upon request.
25. All claims, complaints, and inquiries must be sent to our company without unnecessary delay by e-mail at email@example.com or by regular mail at Ticketmaster Česká republika, a.s., Sales Department, Jungmannova 26/15, 110 00 Prague 1 – Nové Město.
26. Our company accepts no claims concerning any ticket purchased outside our sales network.
Prohibition to Resell Tickets
27. Tickets purchased through our sales network are not primarily intended for resale or for speculative purposes. Organizers entrust us with selling tickets to persons interested in attending an Event, but they do not want tickets to be traded on a second-hand basis. Beware that some organizers might respond appropriately to prevent tickets to be used for speculative purposes.
28. Where applicable, the invalidity of any provision of these Terms of Service is not to prejudice the validity of other provisions.
29. In case that there is a consumer dispute between you and an Event organizer, provided that you are a consumer, which concerns the purchase of tickets for an Event organized by the organizer or the organization or progress of the Event and which cannot be settled by mutual agreement, you can apply for an out-of-court settlement of such a dispute to the entity in charge of resolving consumer disputes, specifically the Czech Trade Inspection Authority, Central Inspectorate – ADR Department, Štěpánská 15, 120 00 Prague 2, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, web: http://adr.coi.cz. You can also use the online dispute resolution platform set up by the European Commission at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/. The same applies to any consumer dispute between you and our company.
30. Our company reserves the right to update these Terms of Service.
Ticketmaster Česká republika, a.s.